Did you get confused when you found your favorite hoodie too big and wondered “How to shrink a hoodie”? You’ll learn some effective methods of how to shrink a hoodie to the perfect size and shape.
Can You Shrink a Hoodie?
YES! Your fabric can be easily shrunk to suit the fit of your hoodie. The type of fibers used to make the fabric can affect how much a hoodie shrinks, but this is usually only a matter of a couple of sizes.
Every hoodie features a hood and a pocket of some kind to keep your hands warm, however, some are pullovers and others have front zippers. Fabrics differ in their ability to shrink, which can be good or bad. No matter how hard you try, some textiles won’t shrink.
Many hoodies are made of knit fleece that has one side that is smooth and knitted and one that is velvety and fluffy. Typically, this fabric is made of 50/50 cotton and polyester or 100% cotton.
Contrarily, cotton is not included in this category. If your hoodie is way too big and you want to shrink it drastically, you’re in luck if it’s made of 100 percent cotton.
You need now to know how to shrink a hoodie properly.
How to Shrink a Hoodie?
Wondering how to shrink a hoodie? There are many ways to shrink a hoodie depending on the material and the amount of shrinkage desired. Fortunately, all of the methods are easy to use and take little time Check the care label on your hoodie, then grab it, and let’s get started.
1. Put your hoodie by itself in the washing machine. When exposed to hot water, some materials will bleed color, and you don’t want to destroy your other clothing.
2. Then set a delicate or permanent-press cycle while your washer is set to hot water. Add the usual amount of detergent.
3. Complete the wash and rinse cycles.
4. Air-dry the wet garment after removing it from the washer. If you have a sweater drying rack, lay it out flat on it. If you don’t have one, hang it on the rod of your shower curtain.
1. Use either the washing machine or the method using boiling water. A wet hoodie will come from this.
2. Use either the washing machine or the method involving boiling water. A wet hoodie will come from this.
3. Dry off the sweatshirt after it has been wet.
4. If you want the hoodie to shrink by up to 20%, let it go through this cycle completely. Heat and tumbling cause fibers to contract, which causes the garment as a whole to shrink.
5. If you only want a slight shrinkage, remove it halfway through the drying cycle and hang it to dry over the shower curtain rod.
1. Dampen the hoodie’s desired shrinkage area. Using a clean spray bottle filled with water or soaking the area in cool water and squeezing it between two towels are easy ways to do this.
2. Lay out your hoodie on another clean towel so you can access the damp potion easily. Doing this should be done close to a hairdryer outlet.
3. If your hair dryer has multiple temperature settings, turn it on and set it to the highest level.
4. Use the hairdryer to dry the damp fabric by moving it back and forth over it. The nozzle needs to be near the fabric without really touching it.
5. Continue until the hoodie is warm and dry.
You can also use boiling water and ironing to help you shrink the hoodie. It’s important to know the material of your hoodie before choosing the right shrinking process.
Find more about the other methods at: https://cleanersadvisor.com/how-to-shrink-a-hoodie/